[CentOS] OT: Linux WYSIWYG HTML Editors

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sun Jun 28 21:48:26 UTC 2009

> I have KomPozer installed, but after using M$ FrontPage for years,
> KomPozer looks like it is going to have a learning curve and I want to
> get away from FrontPage and Windows.  I know Mark (MHR) uses
> SeaMonkey. Wondering if there is anything else I can use on Linux that
> is easier on a FrontPage user. I found this article:
> <http://webdesign.about.com/od/htmleditors/tp/aatpwyslinux.htm> when I
> googled. Recommendations?  TIA!

First of all WYSIWYG and HTML are really mutually exclusive ideas.  The
*best* you are going to get (if the editor is sane and does not make
hardwired assumptions about the end-user's browser) is control over the
relative placement of content.  At worst, the page will like fine in
one partitular browser, at one partitular window size, with one set of
fonts installer, and look horrible otherwise, with text and/or graphics
overlaping, etc.

That said, have you looked at nvu? http://www.net2.com/nvu/

The other option is to move away from 'hand edited HTML' and use a
web-based CMS, such as WordPress.