[CentOS] filesize limitation in CentOS or exim?

Geoff Galitz geoff at galitz.org
Tue Jun 30 11:38:33 UTC 2009

Oh my!  Did you verify the size of the main.log file?  2TB of mail.log data
strikes me as too much.  Are you rotating your logs?   Is there a lot of
spam moving through your system?

Assuming you are running this on an ext3 filesystem you cannot increase the
maximum file size beyodn 2TB.  If you really do need bigger files than that
then you should think about XFS or ext4.  Exim does not have a max supported
log size... at least I could not find it in the docs and I've never had that
problem when running exim.

Can you double check the size of mail.log and that is being rotated?

Geoff Galitz
Blankenheim NRW, Germany
 <http://www.galitz.org/> http://www.galitz.org/
 <http://german-way.com/blog/> http://german-way.com/blog/