[CentOS] Dag's comment at linuxtag

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU beranger5ca at yahoo.ca
Tue Jun 30 14:51:01 UTC 2009

> How many employees does Canonical have? AFAIK, it all
> started with a group of 30 odd Debian developers.

Yes, but when they started, they mainly rebuilt the upstream
(Debian) packages, right?

> Compare this with the russian ALT Linux distribution:
> 150 paid full time developers only to maintain the distro.

I'm not buying this number. It's too big. Compare to
Pardus, which also employs a number of paid developers,
it's more popular than ALT, and it still has less paid devs.
But maybe they are employing 150, what do I know...

> As for Red Hat, according to recent news, they're moving
> from 2.000 to approximately 2.800 employees.

And they still refuse to add even 10 or 20 packages to EL,
even as a "technology preview" (which is unsupported, AFAIR).

Cheers,
R-C