[CentOS] Dag's comment at linuxtag

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU beranger5ca at yahoo.ca
Tue Jun 30 14:59:17 UTC 2009

> Firefox was better than Mozilla.

Nay. Only Firefox 0.9 was better than Mozilla.
Later on, bloatware won.

> It's definitely worth noting that, Epiphany &
> Firefox popped up so quickly because they built on
> Mozilla's rendering, etc.

Yes, it's easier to add bloatware on a solid open-sourced
base...

> Things get pushed in the kernel, Xorg, etc. for a good
> reason, even if we fail to see it.

Hopefully, there is Someone up there who sees it. Then
He will come for a second time to bring salvation to us.
Hopefully, there is no HAL, no UDEV, no PulseAudio in
either heaven or hell.

> Well, you just said a few lines up that enough maintainers
> are proven to keep up even 3x this size.  Not to
> mention the (PLD, I think) examples someone else brought
> in the thread.

I can't tell of PLD, as I have never used it.
Next time someone will tell of Arch etc. etc.
Not the right approach IMHO.

Cheers,
R-C