[CentOS] wan hdlc_ppp and IPv6

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 18:56:11 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 14:24, Bob Beers<bob.beers at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I'll need to back port Krzysztof Halasa's 'ppp for generic hdlc'
>  patches to the 2.6.18-128.1.14.el5 kernel sources.
>
> Has anyone worked on this?  I have tried simply overwriting the
>  drivers/net/wan directory with corresponding directory from
>  more recent (2.6.25.20, 2.6.30) vanilla kernel source, but I get errors:

Instead of copying a whole subdirectory from a later kernel (which
will likely not work), you can try to apply only the patch you need to
the current version of the kernel.

There are instructions on how to build a custom kernel based on the
CentOS kernel but with additional patches here:
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel

I believe this is the patch you want to apply, right?
http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-netdev/2008/3/14/1165494

If so, the comments on the original post on that thread suggests it
works on kernels up to 2.6.22, that might end up including 2.6.18 as
well, so you might have luck with that...

HTH,
Filipe