[CentOS] (a) WinPower RPM available? (b) where to install if use tar.gz file?

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Mon Mar 2 17:37:48 UTC 2009

Lanny Marcus wrote:

> Either the WinPower SW will not shut down the box after 2 minutes or
> there is something unclear to me about the settings. I read their
> documentation again and everything is set to their default settings,
> which looks like it should shut down the box after a 2 minute power
> failure.

Maybe the engrish docs weren't clear, could it be possible that
the software will not shut down until there are 2 minutes left on
the battery instead of 2 minutes after an outage? With most UPSs I
have used the default is to not to issue a shut down until the battery
condition is low.

Try the test again and let the UPS run until the battery runs out
and see if it ever shuts down.

nate