[CentOS] (a) WinPower RPM available? (b) where to install if use tar.gz file?

Mon Mar 2 22:23:28 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 12:37 PM, nate <centos at linuxpowered.net> wrote:
> Lanny Marcus wrote:
>> Either the WinPower SW will not shut down the box after 2 minutes or
>> there is something unclear to me about the settings. I read their
>> documentation again and everything is set to their default settings,
>> which looks like it should shut down the box after a 2 minute power
>> failure.
>
> Maybe the engrish docs weren't clear, could it be possible that
> the software will not shut down until there are 2 minutes left on
> the battery instead of 2 minutes after an outage? With most UPSs I
> have used the default is to not to issue a shut down until the battery
> condition is low.
>
> Try the test again and let the UPS run until the battery runs out
> and see if it ever shuts down.

Hmmmm. You may be on to something with that idea!   :-) When I
downloaded the SW (45.3 MB, which is enormous, compared to nut or
apcupsd), I did a traceroute on the domain and it ended in .tw
(Taiwan).  I will try testing it your way and see what happens....
BTW, years ago, I worked with a bunch of people from Taiwan and they
were pretty sharp. This WinPower SW is *much* more basic in what it
does than what we were doing in Assembly Language on barefoot mini
computers.