[CentOS] [SOLVED] Re: OT: centos.org web site not responding

Tue Mar 17 18:30:58 UTC 2009

2009/3/17 Tru Huynh <tru at centos.org>:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 09:36:28AM -0500, Lanny Marcus wrote:
>> They did. I can load the web pages from centos.org again. :-)  Thanks
>> to everyone on the list who helped and also to the person at Layered
>> Tech who eliminated the glitch!
>
> <quoting them (Network Operations, Layered Technologies) >
> It looks like there may be a probelm with an offsite (non LT) router. I will
> have networking investigate and get back to you as soon as possible.
> </quote>
>
> Then a few minutes later :)
<snip.

Tru: Thank you for posting all of that. My first impression yesterday
was that maybe there was a problem with Level3, somewhere between
Miami and Dallas. I think John Pierce thought last night that it was a
router very close to the CentOS server. Level3 is normally very good.
One of my web sites in CT uses Level3 from Miami. At this time,
centos.org is loading OK for me. The strange thing for me is that
everyone who responded was able to load centos.org OK, so there must
be something about our connection that caused it to fail for me. If LT
notifies you what the problem was, I'm not the only one who is
curious. I can ping the IP without any problem, but I was also able to
ping the Domain Name without any problem. The thing I did not report
yesterday was that the ping times were varying, a lot. This morning,
and now, within about 5 ms, which is the same as for my web sites and
what I  consider "normal".     Many thanks for contacting LT! Lanny