[CentOS] info about hdds in raid

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Mon Nov 2 23:01:54 UTC 2009

Eugeneapolinary Ju wrote:

> Does the HDD's has some serial numbers, that I can see in "reality", and I
> can get that number from e.g.: a commands output?

You may be able to get serial#s from hdparm or something..

> How could I know wich HDD to swap in e.g.: a RAID1 array?

When you set the array up, yank a drive and note which drive goes
offline in the array then label them so you know. If your
building many systems of the same type as long as your cabling
is the same you should only need to do it once for all systems.

nate