[CentOS] rndc start fails with "rndc: connect failed: connection refused"

Tariq Ismail Dalvi tariqdalvi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 23:21:22 UTC 2009

Hello ,

I am facing same problem but with CentOS 5.4 and BIND 9.3.6 while I
was having 5.3 named was working fine but now it give me same error in
Service configuration panel to start named I have to reboot the system
but if I give Service named restart it stops and fails to start only I
can use service named reload on command line.

I did everything so far but no luck I shall try to go back to CentOS 5.3
thats the option I feel might work for me.

Regards.