[CentOS] Installing CentOS 5.4 64bit on server with LSI SAS 1068E controller.

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sat Nov 28 13:31:15 UTC 2009

Billy Huddleston wrote on Fri, 27 Nov 2009 17:35:43 -0500:

> I'm trying to install CentOS 5.4 on a machine with a LSI SAS 1068E
> controller.

It should work out of the box. I have several Dell and HP machines that
have cards based on this LSI chip and they worked straight out of the box.
You configure the RAID in the BIOS and CentOS then just sees one disk.
Using only RAID 1, though.
If that doesn't work for you, you should definitely talk to the vendor.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany