[CentOS] Installing CentOS 5.4 64bit on server with LSI SAS 1068E controller.

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sat Nov 28 18:25:56 UTC 2009

Billy Huddleston wrote:
> I'm trying to install CentOS 5.4 on a machine with a LSI SAS 1068E
> controller.  I've googled all over the place and found a few different
> drivers for RHEL5 for it.. and tried a few of them.. Some will load,
> some complain that this isn't the correct version.. non of them work
> when it comes to showing Hard Drivers in the partition manager. The
> machine is a Supermicro SYS-6015V-M3 server. Any help would be appreciated.

found a thread [1] on a ubuntu forum talking about a similar SuperMicro
board with a 1068E, if you weed through the thread, says there's a
jumper JPA2 on the board, if the jumper is in one position, the board
uses the Fusion_MPT driver and appears as JBOD, in the other position
its Megaraid_SAS but didn't work with ubuntu without much fussing aorund
including flashing an updated LSI 1068E firmware onto the board (which
is NOT the regular BIOS, furhter, they had to contact SM to get this
updated firmware as its specific to the exact board revision you have)

[1] http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-973912.html
<http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-973912.html>