[CentOS] how to install ash on CentOS 5.4?

Rudi Ahlers rudiahlers at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 08:44:13 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:35 AM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> hmmm.  ash was included with EL3 and EL4, but appears to have been
> dropped in EL5.  its a stripped down bourne shell, you might just try
>
>    $ sudo ln -s /bin/bash /bin/ash
>
> and see if that OpenQRM thing works like that.
>
> or, I found this,
> http://blog.carlosgomez.net/2009/10/data-center-management-with-openqrm-on.html
> which implies the ash el4 rpm will work.

Thanx John,

I already tried soft linking bash to ash, but I think that the
installer is looking for ash in the RPM's database, since I'm
installing from rpm.

I also read through that article, and that's where I also came to the
conclusion that it may not be available for CentOS 5, but wasn't sure.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers