[CentOS] GnuPG for CentOS 5.3?

Ian Blackwell ian at ikel.id.au
Fri Oct 2 10:52:40 UTC 2009

Dick Roth wrote:
> Good Morning--
>
> I'm looking to shore up security in my system and with communications.
> Can you point me to the proper version of GnuPG for CentOS 5.3 (Final)?
>
>From my fully patched box:-
2.6.18-128.4.1.el5[root at www CentosIKEL]# yum info gnupg
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
Excluding Packages from CentOS-5 - Base
Finished
Excluding Packages from CentOS-5 - Updates
Finished
1193 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Installed Packages
Name       : gnupg
Arch       : i386
Version    : 1.4.5
Release    : 14
Size       : 4.5 M
Repo       : installed
Summary    : A GNU utility for secure communication and data storage.
URL        : http://www.gnupg.org/
License    : GPL
data and creating digital signatures. GnuPG has advanced key
           : management capabilities and is compliant with the proposed
OpenPGP Internet standard described in RFC2440. Since GnuPG doesn't
           : use any patented algorithm, it is not compatible with any
version of PGP2 (PGP2.x uses only IDEA for symmetric-key encryption,
           : which is patented worldwide).