[CentOS] Low End NAS hardware.

Drew drew.kay at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 19:35:07 UTC 2009

> What exactly does the home-server do that couldn't be done on the
> clients connected to it, once they are running?

Run Linux 24/7. :-)

For what I do with my PC it's far safer to store my files on a
seperate machine. I tend to tweak linux a lot (I run Gentoo) so
breakage is a regular thing. I've learned through the last few crashes
that backups and storing files off the PC are the best way to keep my
spouse, and therefore me, happy. For some reason she gets mad when our
photo collection isn't accessible on the media box. :-)

--
Drew

--Marie Curie