[CentOS] Upgrading CentOS 5.3 from local mirror

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Sat Oct 24 23:40:56 UTC 2009

On 10/23/2009 06:10 PM, Jonathan Moore wrote:

> What I was really looking for was a little more detail on exactly what
> I *must* have from the mirror to successfully upgrade.

If you want to download the minimum number of packages, the easiest
answer is: use a proxy server.

export http_proxy=http://proxy.foo.com:8888
yum upgrade

Or, if you have some type of shared storage (NFS, perhaps), you can
configure yum to keep its cache directory there.  Configure all of your
systems to use the same cache directory and to keep cache.