[CentOS] sendmail routing

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Wed Sep 2 05:05:12 UTC 2009

Neil Aggarwal wrote:
>> Sorry, last I checked, there is no sender-based routing support in
>> sendmail. You cannot even try to create rulesets to get that.
>>

> Could a milter do it?

No idea. I do not know if the milter interface supports changing the
routing...it would have to be able to bypass the sendmail rulesets if I
am not wrong.

Too bad you cannot pass flags on from different parts of the rulesets.
> Maybe capture all outbound messages and stop them from
> processing on the original server.  Next, create an smtp
> session to the new outbound server and drop the message
> data into it.

That requires quite a bit of programming. Maybe just make another
sendmail instance which routes the way the OP wants and inject the
emails in question in that queue. Saves the smtp and socket programming
and what not.