[CentOS] Fork: Resource Temporarily Unavailable

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 18:19:23 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 14:10, Gustavo Pastorino
<gustavopastorino at gmail.com> wrote:
> * /etc/rc3.d/S55sshd: fork: Resource Temporarily Unavailable
>
> [...]
>
> I´m on my last test installation and I am sending now this e-mail
> because if it crashes and i have no resolution, they are going to ask
> me for another distro install, and I like CentOS too much to do that.
>
> Just one last thing: its a 6000-7000 user environment and we're on a
> hurry, so I can't do long time testing or stay with something that may
> one day crash.

Very hard to "guess" what is wrong with your machine just with that
information above...

Please post:
* What kernel version are you using? (uname -mri)
* What were the last updates to this machine? (tail -50
/var/log/yum.log; rpm -qa --last | head -50)
* What are the hardware specs of that machine? How many CPUs? How much
RAM? (cat /proc/cpuinfo; cat /proc/meminfo)

These above might help figure out what is happening with your machine.

HTH,
Filipe