[CentOS] CentOS vs Fedora?

Thu Sep 10 21:28:06 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 6:31 PM, David Suhendrik <david at pnyet.web.id> wrote:
> I'm newbie and i want to know Your opinion about CentOS vs Fedora, hopefully
> this isn't make a flame, and just to curious..
> Actucally now I'm using CentOS as some servers. ^_^'

Catching up on reading the list and here are my 2 cents: We started
out using Red Hat Linux on our home desktops. Then we tried several
versions of Fedora, years ago. Some with excellent results and some
with bad results. Using CentOS now and it's a winner. If you have some
very recent HW, or a Laptop,  you may need to use Fedora, but if not,
CentOS is the way to go, IMHO. Test your boxes with a CentOS LiveCD
before you do an install onto bare metal, to be sure it will run OK on
your HW.  If you need the latest and greatest, this isn't the distro
you want, but if you want long life, stability and security, this is
the way to go.