[CentOS] Where to download rpm packages for centos?

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Thu Sep 17 03:07:29 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 09:44:56PM -0500, Peng Yu wrote:

> The problem is that I don't have the root account. Our system
> administrator doesn't update the system because of the excuse of
> keeping the machine stable. Therefore, I have to install packages in
> my home directory. As far as I know, I can not run yum without root
> permission. But at least I should be able to run rpm without root
> permission. That is why I asked the original question.

	And that's *exactly* what it is, an excuse.  Your "system
	administrator" should be terminated and someone hired that
	understands the concepts of best practices as far as security
	go.

							John

--
It has to be said, we must all own up that without Les Paul, generations of
flash little punks like us would be in jail or cleaning toilets.  This man,