[CentOS] OT: Dropbox - Fedora Core 9 RPM will work on CentOS 5.4?

Mon Apr 12 15:10:30 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 10:00 AM, William Hooper <whooperhsd at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dropbox has an RPM for Fedora Core 9 (x86). I am running CentOS 5.4 on
>> my Desktop, which I believe is based on Fedora Core 6.  Are the
<snip>
> I'm successfully using Dropbox on couple of CentOS 5.4 machines, but
> in a headless configuration.  I followed the instructions on the
> Dropbox Wiki[1].  I concur with Joseph that it looks like the RPM is
> just the Nautilus plugin.  Since I don't use that I'm not sure how
> compatible it is with CentOS.
>
> [1] http://wiki.dropbox.com/TipsAndTricks/TextBasedLinuxInstall

William: Thank you for that.  I would prefer to do this via RPM, since
it is frowned upon not to, but if necessary, I can go that route.  Our
IPCop box is headless, but not my Desktop.  :-)   As per my 2nd post
in this thread, I am going to completely update my Desktop, before
trying to get Dropbox to work. Lanny