[CentOS] OT: Dropbox - Fedora Core 9 RPM will work on CentOS 5.4?

William Hooper whooperhsd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 15:28:12 UTC 2010

> William: Thank you for that.  I would prefer to do this via RPM, since
> it is frowned upon not to, but if necessary, I can go that route.

I don't think it matters how you install the nautilus plugin, you
still will be getting the proprietary Dropbox daemon bits separately
(the daemon downloads from the website the first time you run the
plugin).

>  Our
> IPCop box is headless, but not my Desktop.  :-)   As per my 2nd post
> in this thread, I am going to completely update my Desktop, before
> trying to get Dropbox to work. Lanny

The box I use Dropbox headless on is a catch-all server, not my
desktop.  I guess if push comes to shove you can install Dropbox
headless and use the dbcli.py to check the status instead of using the
GUI.

--
William Hooper