[CentOS] NFS automount failure

Agile Aspect agile.aspect at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 21:32:14 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Trevor Cooper <tcooper at ucsd.edu> wrote:
> I'm having a problem with automount (autofs) from a server running
> CentOS 5.4 to clients (example is CentOS 5.4). Client pulls automount
> maps from NIS. THIS particular server is also used for login so it is
> NIS bound as well (other servers are NOT).

I inherited a similar problem but different environment, namely, SUSE,
CentOS 4, and CentOS 5 - with SUSE the primary NIS server.

In the end, in order to get everyone to play nicely, I ended up using
the following in the /etc/auto.master file

#+auto.master
/home     yp:auto.home
/usr/grid  yp:auto.grid

etc.