[CentOS] Manually mounting partitions in "linux rescue" mode

Robert Grasso robert.grasso+nv at cedrat.com
Tue Aug 3 08:53:23 UTC 2010

Hello,

as for understanding the grub disk and partition numbering scheme, you should read :

info grub

and more specifically the "Naming convention" paragraph.

Your issue is all about understanding this.

Hope this helps

---
Robert GRASSO – System engineer

CEDRAT S.A.
15 Chemin de Malacher - Inovallée - 38246 MEYLAN cedex - FRANCE
Phone: +33 (0)4 76 90 50 45 - Fax: +33 (0)4 56 38 08 30
mailto:robert.grasso at cedrat.com - http://www.cedrat.com