[CentOS] Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD and dual monitors

Tsuyoshi Nagata nagata3333333 at jp.fujitsu.com
Fri Aug 6 01:19:26 UTC 2010

Hi,Kevin
(2010/08/04 23:44), CS_DBA wrote:
> Anyone know if the  Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD will support dual monitors with CentOS ?
Not supported GMA4500MHD(G45) with CentOS.
This hardware is equipped with notebook and blue-ray home pc.
CentOS/Upstream hardware supports until G40 VGA card.
I guess its ok to run dual monitor with CentOS on 4500MHD,
because G45 has a compatibility of G40 hardware.
Some trouble noticed at wiki,
If you want to enable all graphic features, run CentOS on vm with
other latest distribution(Fedora/Ubuntu/Win7 etc.).

Tsuyoshi