[CentOS] System beeps in kernel 2.6.18-194

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at tsb.cranrdte.navy.mil
Wed Aug 25 23:41:35 UTC 2010

Akemi Yagi wrote, On 08/25/2010 05:56 PM:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Glenn Eychaner <geychaner at mac.com> wrote:
>>  Is there someplace can I find *detailed* release notes on the differences
>>  between -164 and -194 kernels to help in looking for the problem,
>
> You can find kernel changelog diffs here (maintaind by Alan Bartlett):
>
> http://www.centos.toracat.org/ajb/kernel-clog-diff/

What you get out of those diffs that
LASTKERNELINSTALLED=`rpm -qa --last kernel kernel-xen | \
  head -1|awk '{print $1}'`
#***
rpm -q --changelog $LASTKERNELINSTALLED |less
does not provide?

I was curious enough to see if that was a better resource for some of the research that I do to take
 a look, but _I_ only found it more confusing, so I ask what you see that I missed.

*** Why Oh Why, did RH&Co decide to name the xen kernel rpms something other than
kernel-`uname -r`???? kernel-2.6.18-194.11.1.el5xen seems to have the same info to me.
--
Todd Denniston