[CentOS] [OT] Label Printer Recommendations

Hakan Koseoglu hakan at koseoglu.org
Sat Aug 28 11:56:44 UTC 2010

On 28 August 2010 12:52, Colin Coles <colin at wemoto.com> wrote:
>  I am after any recommendations or experiences using Label printers to print
> barcodes with CentOS, we currently using Star TSP700's but they're not clear
> enough for the scanners we have. There seems to be plenty of choice but not
> much Linux support going on, 'Never had anyone ask for Linux drivers
> before..' seems to be the most common answer when trying to buy. I have also
> tried a Brother P-Touch QL-550 but can't seem to get that to print at all
> using the Foomatic drivers available online.
Zebra printers work for us but we generate ZPL output ourselves and a
raw queue is good enough for our purposes. I have to say the CUPS in
CentOS5/Upstream is not very good at printing to Zebra printers using
ZPL. More upto date CUPS does a better job, I had more success with
latest SLES and Ubuntu compared to CentOS/upstream.