[CentOS] CentOS or other Linux Internet Router/Gateway

Sat Aug 28 14:03:36 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Ron Blizzard <rb4centos at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got kids who are growing older and I want to build a Linux box to
> filter Internet access. I've got six computers on the Internet, plus
> the laptops -- most run Windows. I'm not sure if it's called a

Ron: We have IPCop running on an Intel 233 MMX box, with 64 MB of RAM.
No problems with it during the past several years.

I would also suggest that you contemplate using the free DNS service
of OpenDNS and configure your web browsers, router, etc. to use their
DNS services (8 cities in the USA and 2 in Europe).
http://www.opendns.com/

I believe they also have a free filtering service families can use,
however, I'm not sure it is free, because we are not using it....
HTH,  Lanny