[CentOS] SELinux - way of the future or good idea but !!!

Geoff Galitz geoff at galitz.org
Wed Dec 1 05:52:44 UTC 2010

>>> I would guess no one knows.  But all of my CentOS installs are OOB as
>>> concerning SELinux, except the two scalix installs, which have some
>>> custom
>>> 'stuff' thanks to the scalix instance naming.
>>
>> All I know is at the last two companies I worked at - AT&T, a small team
>> building software for the NOC, a smaller root CA, and here at the federal
>> agency I'm at, we either turned it off, or have it set to permissive.
>
> I disabled it on the last 1000 hosts *I* installed....

Hmmm... it would be interesting take some Centos systems with production
like deployments (say 3 with SELinux and 3 without) and ask a professional
pen-tester to try to get into them.

Anyone willing to contribute funds (or time) to such a study?  It would be
educational experience and good PR, at the least.