[CentOS] CentOS 5.5 on a new Mac Mini? no CD Driver?

Keith Keller kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Tue Dec 7 02:30:51 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 04:19:43PM -0800, Jason T. Slack-Moehrle wrote:

> I just know CentOS really. Can I adapt easily? I assume things like yum and apache conf, etc are the same?

You know just as much about Fedora as I do!  ;-)  If I'm able to make
time to install it to my MBP, it'll be my first Fedora install.

Fedora is the beta/testbed for RHEL, so it should be fairly similar to
CentOS.  In particular it does come with yum, its own repository, and
can be configured to access other repos.  In theory config files for
various apps should be in the same place but you should not 100% count
on it.  I'm guessing (but, again, don't know) that if you went to a
Fedora list and said, "I'm looking for xxx, which on CentOS 5 was in yyy
location, where is it in Fedora 14?" someone would know.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us