[CentOS] IPV4 is nearly depleted, are you ready for IPV6?

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Tue Dec 7 11:23:08 UTC 2010

> >     b)  Do I get charged by my ISP on a per-device basis?
>
> Heh, if they want to micromanage...

This is no science fiction.
Some big providers in some countries limit the number of device that
can connect to internet. You have to register the MAC address of your
single PC (which, by the way, is expected to run Windows or MacOS)

In that case, a NAT router sending the MAC address expected by the
provider could have (maybe, possibly...) been very handy.
(I won't tell more, even though I have left the country and the
provider in question)