[CentOS] IPV4 is nearly depleted, are you ready for IPV6?

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Dec 7 11:59:38 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 12:23:08PM +0100, Mathieu Baudier wrote:
> > >     b)  Do I get charged by my ISP on a per-device basis?
> >
> > Heh, if they want to micromanage...
>
> This is no science fiction.
> Some big providers in some countries limit the number of device that
> can connect to internet. You have to register the MAC address of your
> single PC (which, by the way, is expected to run Windows or MacOS)

In the old days (5-6 years ago?), you were being sneaky if you used a
router--this is in the US, with Roadrunner.  They acknowledged,
eventually, that it was common, and their terms of service specifically
allow it.  Verizon used to (don't know what they do now), provide a
modem-cum-wireless-router when you got their service---this was with
DSL, I assume they do the same with FIOS.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Anyanka: You trusting fool. How do you know the other world is
any better than this?
Giles: Because it has to be.