[CentOS] Nerd rage (Was: IPV4 is nearly depleted, are you ready for IPV6?)

Simon Billis simon at houxou.com
Wed Dec 8 16:55:41 UTC 2010

I think that the missed point here is "obey the rules of the list" (I'm
ignoring customers who find it hard to read ;-) ). If the rules state bottom
posting only then that's it, no arguments. If you don't like the rules don't
post/join etc.

> > > electronic communications. The rage we see here over it is
> > really just
> > > another technical 'religious war' by people who don't
> > tolerate change
> > > well. In reality, it doesn't matter much for most things either way
> > > and far more harm is done by the howling over it than using either
> > > convention actually causes.
> >
> > So, we should put up with rudeness and obnoxious behavior?

I think that this http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html should be
read in conjunction with the list rules. This helps to explain why some
questions elicit things that might be considered rude.

On other lists that I  subscribe to they also take a dim view of top posting
- specifically for the reasons of readability, i.e. top posting makes it
difficult to pick up a thread mid conversation.

Anyway, that's just my two-penneth worth...

Simon.