[CentOS] [OT] Nerd rage (Was: IPV4 is nearly depleted, are you ready for IPV6?)

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Wed Dec 8 17:14:12 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, December 08, 2010 11:13:05 am m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Top posting is talking over everyone else.

Yep, you nailed it.  It's <reply mode=jerry_springer_guest> in essence.  And it is the way many non-technical people prefer to communicate.  As Sam Goldwyn is often quoted as saying: 'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.'  This is a rather common attitude, unfortunately even in tech circles, just not as often as in more non-tech circles.

> > Oh, BTW:  vim over emacs.

> alt.religion.editors <g>

What about alt.emacs.die.die.die or alt.vi.die.die.die?  I seem to remember those passing my way long ago when I pulled nearly a full feed with C-News on some old unix kit.  I don't think they lasted long....and I don't have an easily accessible full-alt-tree-enabled NNTP server at hand to look, nor do I have full archives of my old 3B1 anymore.....