[CentOS] SELinux - way of the future or good idea but !!!

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Wed Dec 8 18:19:32 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, December 08, 2010 01:02:10 pm Les Mikesell wrote:
> Standards committees have their ways of breaking all previous existing
> implementations with their final decrees.  Let me know when they are
> finished.

Standards committees are never finished.

Linux is not standardized, either; in the case of CentOS, SELinux is a de facto standard as it's in the default install set.  Linux != posix.

The inertia of the installed set means what you learn now will still be usable in the future.  Much like with Linux itself.