[CentOS] OT: programming language for morons (newbie friendly language in Open Source world)

Fajar Priyanto fajarpri at arinet.org
Tue Dec 14 02:37:49 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Sven Aluoor <aluoor at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have more than 12 years experience with UNIX system administration,
> but I am too stupid for programming. My only programming experience is
> shell scripting. I tried to learn Java, but don't understand it
> because it is too complicated for my limited brainpower.
>
> What programming language should I learn?

Python.

I'm kinda a moron too and I've tried learning Python from many references.
But the books are not suitable for me, as I need the kind of "XXX
guide for Idiot".

But finally I found one (it's used as university course book actually)
that feels "right" to me:
"Practical Programming - An Introduction to Computer Science Using Python"
by Jennifer Campbell, Paul Gries, Jason Montojo, Greg Wilson

http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Programming-Introduction-Pragmatic-Programmers/dp/1934356271

A review:
http://millionchimpanzees.blogspot.com/2009/06/practical-programming-introduction-to.html

Good luck to you ^^