[CentOS] OT: programming language for morons (newbie friendly language in Open Source world)

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Dec 14 09:45:46 UTC 2010

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010, cornel panceac wrote:

> my first language was pascal. if i'd had the opportunity, i'd start with c.
> herbert schildt's teach yourself c was great for me.

Ahh Schildt.  Yes, I learnt from that book too.  A tad dry, and it tends to
teach you syntax more than real program design, but it's an excellent starting
point, and if you work through it properly doing all the examples you do get a
good base level of understanding.  I'd definitely recommend it.

jh