[CentOS] OT: programming language for morons (newbie friendly language in Open Source world)

Steve Lindemann steve at marmot.org
Tue Dec 14 15:32:45 UTC 2010

Jerry Franz wrote:
> Thinking the code belongs to the data just a mental model. One of many
> that may be used or not used at need for the exact same code.   But
> never make the mistake of thinking any of them are "The Truth". A good
> programmer switches mental models as needed and is not wedded to any of
> them as "The Truth" - merely as *convenient to the task*.

+10

...and I started programming in binary, then moved up to assembler.
When I finally got to FORTRAN IV I thought I'd reached nirvana.

As teaching languages go I still like Pascal and it's not bad as a
general purpose language.  For practical work I lean towards PERL and
PHP, but then I do sys admin for work and websites for fun.

Define your task then -

Use the tool that fits the task... not the other way around!

--
Steve Lindemann, MSIS                   __
Network Administrator                  //\\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign