[CentOS] RAID help

Jason T. Slack-Moehrle slackmoehrle at me.com
Tue Dec 14 21:49:42 UTC 2010

Hi,

> If you dont know in advance how your storage is allocated the best way,
> use lvm. The space you dont need today is in the pool and be it
> /var/www/html or swap or whatever assign it as needed in the future.
>
> Note that its maybe better to not put /boot into lvm.
>
> I would suggest
>
> /dev/md0 -> /boot
> /dev/md1 -> lvm with all other partitions including swap

OK, I have done this, I need to create mount points and I am not sure how to initially size.

How does everyone size /?

Since I know my /var/www/html will be large, say 300GB, I can create a mount point for at least that, but with LVM you are saying I can change the size later to increase it?

What other mount points should one have (besides swap)? No users will be storing sata on this box.

-Jason