[CentOS] MySQL repositores

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Thu Dec 16 22:34:22 UTC 2010

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010, Ruslan Sivak wrote:

> To: centos at centos.org
> From: Ruslan Sivak <russ at vshift.com>
> Subject: [CentOS] MySQL repositores

> Are there any repositories for CentOS 5.5 that keep the latest MySQL
> versions?
>
> After enabling everything I can think off (CentOS, rpmforge, epel), I'm
> still only seeing 5.0.77-4.el5_5.4.
>
> 5.5 came out yesterday and 5.1 has been around for a while.
>
> I don't want to manually install from the mysql site for obvious reasons.

# Name       : remi-release
# Arch       : noarch
# Version    : 5
# Release    : 7.el5.remi   │
# Size       : 1.8 k
# Repo       : installed
# Summary    : YUM configuration for remi repository
# URL        : http://remi.collet.free.fr
# License    : GPL
the "remi" RPM
#            : Repository, as well as the public GPG keys
used to sign them.
#            : The repository is not enabled after
installation, so you must
#            : use the --enablerepo=remi option for yum.

# install the REMI repo config files
rpm -ivh http://rpms.famillecollet.com/enterprise/remi-release-5.rpm

Keith

in practice they are not.