[CentOS] Centos 5.5 - Kernel Panic while booting.

Lisandro Grullon lgrullon at CityTech.Cuny.Edu
Sat Dec 18 00:26:22 UTC 2010

Tru, looks like a bug in centos, I just loaded RHEL 6 without any issues. I dont think it has something to do with the actual image file, but in any case maybe I should re-download the entire DVD again just to make sure. Thank you Tru.

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 06:23:52PM -0500, Lisandro Grullon wrote:
> Dear centos community,
> I was in the process of loading the latest 5.5 release of centos in a VMWARE ESX 4.1 host as my first virtual machine, suddenly while booting I got a panic error with the following on screen. Can someone point me in the right direction. This machine has 24 cores and I allocated 1 for Centos to use with 1024MB of memory. Any clues or workaround to solve this problem? Thank you in advance.
maybe you are hitting: http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=4581

Tru

--
Tru Huynh (mirrors, CentOS i386/x86_64 Package Maintenance)