[CentOS] Problems with motherboard support? INTEL DP43BF

robert mena robert.mena at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 11:37:11 UTC 2010

Hi John,

I agree that realtek are far from something we could cold call a good
product.   But I have similar setup (with different motherboard) working
without a flaw.

All your arguments are valid and worth investigating.

The local lan (eth0) is 100Mbits.  Both eth1 and eth2 are realtek (same
model/chipset).

I'll have a look at the BIOS settings and removed the vga mode from grub and
make sure lm_sensors is installed.

Besides this I am not sure what else I could do.  The main question is am I
dealing with a falty component (motherboard, cpu, memory, NIC) or some other
OS/Software bug?