[CentOS] Problems with motherboard support? INTEL DP43BF

Ryan Wagoner rswagoner at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 13:12:47 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 6:37 AM, robert mena <robert.mena at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi John,
> I agree that realtek are far from something we could cold call a good
> product.   But I have similar setup (with different motherboard) working
> without a flaw.

Similar isn't the same. I will not buy a board with a Realtek NIC
anymore. I have had problems with them in the past with CentOS. It
isn't worth the time and effort to debug for the few bucks it costs
for a board with an Intel NIC. Although it sounds like you have a
bunch of Realtek PCI NICs in your system. If you only need 1Mbps why
not grab some Intel 10/100 NICs. You can get these real cheap off
eBay.

Ryan