[CentOS] Dual or quad fast ethernet NICs (that work with CentOS)

David Sommerseth dazo at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 28 13:54:55 UTC 2010

On 28/12/10 13:13, robert mena wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for dual or quad fast ethernet NICs that work with CentOS.
>   There is no need for high performance so regular fast/pci is ok.

I have very good experiences with Intel PRO/1000 (aka. EtherExpress, if I'm
not mistaken) cards in general, both the single NIC and dual NIC models.
e1000 or e1000e drivers works flawlessly.  I would not expect quad-based cards
of the similar type to be any problem either.

This is an extract from one of the firewalls I got, having 2xdual NIC cards:

0a:02.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82546GB Gigabit Ethernet
Controller (rev 03)
0a:02.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82546GB Gigabit Ethernet
Controller (rev 03)
0a:03.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82546GB Gigabit Ethernet
Controller (rev 03)
0a:03.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82546GB Gigabit Ethernet
Controller (rev 03)

These cards uses the e1000 driver.

kind regards,

David Sommerseth