[CentOS] Dual or quad fast ethernet NICs (that work with CentOS)

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Dec 28 18:47:34 UTC 2010

On 12/28/10 4:13 AM, robert mena wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for dual or quad fast ethernet NICs that work with
> CentOS.  There is no need for high performance so regular fast/pci is ok.

what bus interface?    almost all NIC's made today except the really
bottom barrel ones are gigE, and quad gigE cards are only going to be on
pci-X or PCI-Express-x4, not 32bit 33Mhz PCI.   Even quad 100baseT NICs
were likely on 64bit 66Mhz PCI (compatible with PCI-X, but not desktop
32bit 33Mhz PCI.