[CentOS] HP Proliant ML150 : how do I access disks ?

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Thu Feb 18 07:07:57 UTC 2010

On 02/17/2010 11:26 PM, Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Plus, I admit I'm lost in the sheer myriad of options in the various
> boot configuration tools (bios, scsi configurator).

I would start by opening the box and see
what's inside.

What are the disks connected to?

To the motherboard? To a controller in a
PCI or whatever slot?

Usually, on the cover you remove to get
access to the inside, there's a drawing of the
motherboard with a list of connections.

Boot a live CD/USB and do an lspci to list
controllers.

On my old ML370 G3 I could connect the disks
either to a smart array controller in a PCI slot or the
SCSI controllers on the motherboard.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Mobile: +45 22 12 53 25
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk