[CentOS] bind & kickstart

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Wed Jan 6 23:09:25 UTC 2010

>OK using KS.. But from cd disks or http or ftp or nfs?  Make sure you do
>a self dependancy check on bind itself.   Then I would check for the
>correct gpg key on bind it self and deps.  An iffy cdrom or network
>connections that are some times faulty may cause it.  Usually with me
>turns out to be a semi bad cdrom or corrupt package.
>
>You can switch through to the anaconda terminal that shows all the
>errors and that would be a good start to check first hand.

Ok, finally got on a windows wkst so I could vm this up and be able to switch
consoles.

Looks like the problem is related to using two nics. Even though I specify ksdevice=eth0
on the grub line, it still seems to have trouble for some parts of downloading packages
but not all?

On one of the consoles, I see a dhclient help screen? I guess Anaconda is doing something
with incorrect syntax.

My ks lines are:
network --device=eth0 --bootproto=dhcp
network --device=eth1 --bootproto=static --ip=192.168.13.1 --netmask=255.255.255.0 --hostname=foo.bar.com

So whats wrong here, or how can I resolve this? This *only* manifests when using cdrom and repo,
but if I do a url install, it works?

jlc