[CentOS] DNS problem while trying to join windows 7 to samba3x pdc

Mogens Kjaer mk at lemo.dk
Thu Jul 8 17:33:52 UTC 2010

On 07/08/2010 05:34 PM, Doug Coats wrote:
> Has anyone been able to get Samba3x.3.3.8 to work as a PDC?

It worked for me in a test setup I had a month ago:

Made a copy of our main CentOS 5 server, replace samba with samba3x,
and I was able to join XP and W7 (with registry patch) to the domain.

The samba server was set up as a WINS server.

I think there was a problem that the default location of some
of the samba files have been moved going from samba to samba3x
(smbpasswd maybe?).

Mogens

Mogens Kjaer, mk at lemo.dk
http://www.lemo.dk