[CentOS] Can't print a pdf?

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at tsb.cranrdte.navy.mil
Tue Jun 1 17:26:25 UTC 2010

MHR wrote, On 06/01/2010 01:01 PM:
> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 3:09 PM, MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Or the yummable Adobe Reader?
>>> http://www.if-not-true-then-false.com/2010/03/install-adobe-acrobat-pdf-reader-on-fedora-centos-red-hat-rhel/
>>>
>> Yummy.
>>
>> No, seriously, I'm waiting for it to download - 61Mb(!).  Will post
>> when it's done....
>>
>> Okay, that worked.
>>

> And now, today, it failed again (both evince and AR), same kind of
> file.  The only difference is that this appeared in dmesg:
>
> brcupsconfig3[1548]: segfault at 0000000075616665 rip 0000000000c6fcc3
> rsp 00000000ff96b9f4 error 6
>
> Guess I have to keep running stuff back through my VMWXP.

Question 1: are you running a brother (or brothers, I don't recall if the brand has the s or not)
printer?

If yes, then Q2: Are you running a driver from them (or one of the third party repos) or just the
stock CentOS stuff?

Google-ing the following groups is somewhat interesting:
brcupsconfig3
brcupsconfig3  "segfault at"

Not saying there is not a problem, but perhaps there is a problem in a deeper place that needs
reported to the appropriate folks.

--
Todd Denniston