[CentOS] rpm building and hyphens in Version tags

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 17:16:06 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 11:40 -0400, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jun 2010, JohnS wrote:
>
> >> Thus: Don't fight City Hall; use -n in the %setup stanze
> >>  	and move on
> >
> > Nice post. Would like to see more like this from you.
>
> The whole CentOS crew is picked up at:
>  	http://planet.centos.org/
>
> and these are people who are literate, and hold strong
> opinions that they can express well.  At one point, I went
> through and editted the aggregator to only pick up content
> tagged with 'centos' as we had complaints about side opinion
> matter, but the home feed URLs of each have a fine collection
> of such 'good stuff'
>
> I seem to have anticipated the US CERT email-republished
> advisory on the Flash cross-scripting attack being actively
> exploited with mine yesterday on 'reading the logs:
>  	http://orcorc.blogspot.com/2010/06/reading-logs.html
>
> I posted in the morning, and got the June 8 update release in
> my email that afternoon:
>  	http://www.adobe.com/support/security/advisories/apsa10-01.html
>
> The matter is critical indeed, because a person performing
> actions exposing their unit to potentially hostile third party
> content as a root or administrator right account can become
> invisibly compromised
>
> There is presently another active one using PDFs as a carrier,
> rather than Flash, that I see in my logs as well (behind a
> couple of layers of one way 'lobster trap' firewalls, but
> clearly able to be invisibly 'pulled through' by web / PDF
> browsers viewing 'trapped' content)

I smell a custom compiled ip tables with tarpit?  While indeed all that
is good info for a lot of people I was not referring to any of that
above.  I have been familiar with all that for a long time.  If missed
somehow I get an anonymous mail...As I see all that is posted in CentOS
Planet....

" Would like to see more of this from you"  Was intended to be more
like: Good to see you are being nice and informative.  Instead of your
normal like saying cmovCC! %EBX...

John